Mar 22, 2018
Dorie Clark is an adjunct professor at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business and the author of Entrepreneurial You, Reinventing You and Stand Out, which was named the #1 Leadership Book of 2015 by Inc. magazine.
A former presidential campaign spokeswoman, the New York Times described her as an “expert at self-reinvention and helping others make changes in their lives.” A frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review, she consults and speaks for clients including Google, Microsoft, and the World Bank.
In today’s conversation with us, Dorie shares her reinvention story and how she became a successful entrepreneur with 9 streams of income after being downsized. We explore the shift that happens when you reinvent yourself – whether by choice or necessity – and the blessings it brings with it.
Dorie explains the 3 steps to reinvention, how to get more people wanting to help you, and the best way to create multiple streams of income.
Whether you are looking to reinvent yourself, start a business, or leverage yourself in your existing business, Dorie Clark will give you the insight and steps to making it happen.
1) 3 steps to the reinvention process
2) Realize that what got you here won’t get you there.
3) Don’t attempt to create multiple streams of income all at once. Add one new income stream every year.
4) Everyone can be an entrepreneur. It’s an attitude.
5) Companies today want people who have innovative ideas. It makes you far more valuable to the company.
6) How do you get people to want to help you? Become more persuasive.
7) When we get strategic about our business model, we are able to build freedom. The more streams you have, the greater options you have.
400+ articles available at www.dorieclark.com
88 question Entrepreneurial You Self-Assessment https://dorieclark.com/entrepreneur
Entrepreneurial You https://dorieclark.com/entrepreneurialyou/
Reinventing You https://dorieclark.com/reinventingyou/
Stand Out https://dorieclark.com/stand-out/
Connect with Dorie Clark