Sep 12, 2019
Dr. Macaulay Onyekachi Obasi Kalu was born in Abia State,
Nigeria, West Africa, and grew up in Europe. In his academic
pursuit, Dr. Kalu has several academic achievements and is also a
recipient of numerous leadership awards. His first degree is in
Business Management and he has been a Minister of the Gospel for
more than 20 years. He holds a doctorate in divinity.
Dr. Kalu has facilitated the sixth region process of the African
Union for more than 20 years. He is an elected policy advisor on
Diaspora affairs for the Americas to the African Union Commission.
He plays a significant role in both the political arena and civil
service sector as the Chairman of the African Union Sixth Region
Canada with the mandate to bring peace and unity to our community
through the message of love. He’s a mastermind to many successful
businesses and sits on several boards and he is the proud father of
five wonderful children.
Highlights of Dr. Kalu’s career include:
- Member of the Greek Sports Federation, chairing the African
Athletic and Gymnastic Council.
- Appointed as the Secretary General for the Council of
International Churches in the Netherlands.
- Motivational Speaker, Conflict Resolution Expert, Lectures,
Teaches and Preaches around the world.
- Community and Leadership Development Expert for Coaches and
- President of Global Africa Media Magazine (GAMM).
- Advisor to the Toronto District School Board East Region.
- Founder and President of Parent Advocacy Consultancy Services
- CEO of G12 Group Inc., a leadership and business management
firm in Canada.
- President of Kingdom Leadership and Empowerment
- International facilitator and the Chairman of the African Union
6th Region Canada, an organization representing all people of
African Descent in Canada.
In today’s conversation with us, Dr. Kalu shares his passion is
to see the human race, especially people of African descent, be
united as one. He emphasizes the importance of self-love in order
to be able to love one another as ourselves.
As Chairman of the African Union 6th Region Canada, Dr. Kalu
explains the history and purpose of the African Union and the
Diaspora, the future and potential of Africa and how they are
facilitating transformation in the areas of employment, education,
entrepreneurship, engagement and more, through seeking partnership
and trade with the rest of the world.
- Life began in Africa so therefore one way or another we are all
- God Himself being Love connects all of us through love. When we
respect and understand love there will be a lot of peace and unity
in the world.
- The 6th region of the African Union is the Diaspora – which
includes all people of African origin, irrespective of
- True love begins within. If you appreciate and love yourself
it’s a natural process for you to love other people. You don’t
learn to love people; you just do because that’s who you are.
- The African Free Trade Agreement will be the biggest in the
world with 55 countries.
- Agenda 2063 outlines all their goals and priorities.
- 60% of Africa’s population is under the age of 25.
- The African Union has a plan to create 1 million jobs by
- The Lead Africa Campaign is designed to help spread the word,
focusing on 4 E’s – Education, Employment, Entrepreneurship, and
- Instead of aid from the world, Africa wants to trade with the
world. It is looking for partners to help build up the TRADES:
Technology, Retail, Agri, Development, Employment and
Entrepreneurship, and Skilled training.
Connect and Learn More About The Sixth Region Of The