Aug 1, 2017
Have you ever felt stuck at a certain level of success because you couldn’t imagine squeezing any more out of your already crazy-busy schedule?
Today’s guest, Melanie Benson is no stranger to burnout and growth bottlenecks. As a Profit Amplifier, Melanie has a gift for guiding fast-paced, mission-driven entrepreneurs to thrive in their business by quickly identifying what derails them from productivity and progress – ultimately freeing them up to scale their influence and income without overwhelm.
Melanie hosts the weekly podcast, Amplify Your Success, is an author of Rewired for Wealth, co-author of Entrepreneur.com’s Start Up Guide to Starting an Information Marketing Business and has her success tips featured in magazines such as American Express OPEN Forum, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Woman’s Day, Parenting Magazine, and University of Phoenix Alumni Magazine. She is on the Executive Team for the Women Speaker’s Association as well as is Council Chair for the Association of Transformational Leaders.
In our interview, Melanie unpacks several of the most common growth bottlenecks that entrepreneurs experience, explaining when they occur, why they come up, how to overcome them, and ideally avoiding them altogether.
Melanie also goes on to describe the distinction between problem solving and crisis management, and how to prevent yourself from falling into the trap of survival vs thriving in your business.
Chock full of powerful insights and strategies for growth and leverage, this is a must-listen for any business owner and entrepreneur looking to rekindle their passion and amplify their business growth quickly and smoothly.
1) Your mindset around money and success drives every decision you make or don’t make – it either sets you up for more success, or for failure.
2) We do ourselves a disservice when we try to figure it all out – getting stuck in the moment with the current problem, instead of focusing on the bigger picture.
3) Not having a team – trying to do it all ourselves is often the reason we don’t get more traction.
4) Reframe problem solving – being a solution generator.
5) In delegating / building your dream team – begin by knowing your desired outcome. Is it to a) free up time, b) scale, or c) get more things done that you don’t have time for or are not good at?
6) A good question to ask yourself is, “Are there tasks that somebody can do better, faster, or cheaper than me?”
7) If you freed yourself up from that task, what could you be doing that would give you more energy, more profit, and propel you faster towards your goals?
8) Every new level of growth requires a totally new mindset, strategy, and way of making decisions.
9) How you start your day really dictates how you perform that day.
10) Sometimes what you stop doing is more important than what you start doing. Let go to grow!
“When you’re in the weeds, everything seems really big.”
Influential Profit Factors Quiz: http://www.melaniesquiz.com
Melanie Benson Bio
Melanie Benson (formerly Melanie Strick), a Profit Amplifier, is a guide for conscious entrepreneurs ready to accelerate their impact and income by making their business perform 10 times better.
With over 12 years experience in corporate America, Melanie specializes in aligning visionary, game-changing entrepreneurs who are emerging as leaders with the most powerful mindset, actions and strategies that propel them to a level of success they never knew they could achieve.
Melanie combines her extensive traditional education (she holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management and a Master’s Degree in Organizational Management) with multiple advanced certifications in Project Management, Results Coaching, Neuro-Linguistic Programming and even a license as a Spiritual Counselor to get her clients past their obstacles and into impacting the world in a fulfilling, and profitable way.
Integrating creativity and intuition with a honed “facts and data” approach has resulted in some of the most comprehensive business growth resources available to conscious entrepreneurs.
Melanie is host of Amplify Your Success Podcast, serves on the Women Speaker's Association Executive Team, is programming chair for the Association of Transformational Leaders and is co-author of Entrepreneur.com’s “Start Up Guide to an Information Marketing Business.”
Melanie speaks for many entrepreneurial audiences across the globe both live and virtually via webinars and telephone-based seminars; has been a regularly featured expert on radio shows and in media publications such as American Express OPEN Forum, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Women’s Day, Parenting Magazine, University of Phoenix Alumni Magazine and Female Entrepreneur Magazine.
Melanie lives in the Los Angeles area, and as an avid lifestyle enthusiast, spends her free time in search of the best spas and beaches in the world.
Connect With Melanie Benson Online