Jan 31, 2017
Kathie Donovan is an author, speaker, coach, trainer and broadcaster. She is the former co-host and co-producer of CTV Ottawa’s Regional Contact.
In 2012, she left her forty year career in mainstream broadcasting, so that she could pursue the latest chapter in her life adventure: to help our world evolve in the direction of more good, more kind, more positive and more courage. She does this through her books, workshops, presentations, training and coaching.
In her first book, Inspiration In Action, A Woman’s Guide to Happiness, Kathie explains the eight key habits that foster happiness, and how to use the Law of Attraction to attract that you truly want.
In her recently released second book Unconform: Harnessing the Radical Power of Courage, Kathie takes us deeper, unpacking the idea of fear as a dominant force in our lives. Humans are wired to be fearful, which explains why so many people never live the life they really want to live.
During our interview with Kathie, we explore these concepts, including the role that the ego plays in our lives, how to experience happiness regardless of what is happening around us, and how to exercise the courage to ask for what we truly want in life.
Passionate, articulate and well-educated on the subject of happiness and courage and how the two are related, Kathie Donovan will enlighten you and equip you with tools to become a happier, more courageous person who does more good in the world.
1) Happiness is not dependent on anything outside of us.
2) Our thoughts, feelings and actions are the only things we have control over.
3) Standing for what you are FOR is better than standing for what you are against.
4) You know your ego is running you if you have to have the last word, you need to be right, making the other person wrong, and you are often miserable.
5) If we allow ego to drive us, we will never be happy.
6) Courage gets you 'under the hood' to realize what you really want.
7) It's time that companies shift from a professional development focus to personal development, in order to first help individuals take responsibility and become leaders of their own lives. This is where true change begins.
Kathie Donovan Bio
Kathie Donovan is broadcasting royalty in her adopted hometown of Ottawa, Ontario. In the span of nearly 40 years behind the microphone, both on radio and in front of the camera on television, Kathie has shared inspiring stories about people who have made a difference by bringing their dreams to life.
Whether it’s Celine Dion, a young Ryan Gosling, dedicated craftspeople and artists or the everyday heroes who work the land, the stories Kathie is known for are all ultimately about the beauty and strength of the human spirit. In the latest chapter of her career, Kathie is using her gifts and passion to help our world evolve toward more good, more kind, more positive and more courage.
Inspiration In Action, A Woman’s Guide to Happiness
Unconform: Harnessing the Radical Power of
Available at: www.kathiedonovan.com
OR on Amazon:
Connect With Kathie Online